2007-10-11

Life Changing Books

I've read some good books, and I've read some great books. But very few books have actually made a difference in my life over the long haul.

Following is a short list of authors (and their books) that have made a long-term difference in my life.


  • Daniel Quinn

    • Ishmael
    • Story of B
    • My Ishmael

  • Richard Dawkins

    • The Selfish Gene
    • The God Delusion
    • River Out of Eden

  • Harry Browne

    • Why Government Doesn't Work
    • The Great Libertarian Offer
    • How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
    • Fail-Safe Investing

  • Stephen Covey

    • First Things First

  • John Taylor Gatto

    • Underground History of Education



Those are the books that most directly changed my life. Some set the stage for other books or writings or the like, some were the "final straw" in changing my opinion about things. But none of them were insignificant to me. If you're interested in discussing any of these books or recommending others that you think I might benefit from, feel free to comment on this post.

2 comments:

My description said...

Hey, maybe you should also read "How to win friend and influence people" book by Dale Carniege. It's pretty life-chaging.

Vaesse said...

I believe I started that once, but never got through it. Just wasn't the right point in my life for it, I guess. Some books are like that for me. I'll have to pick it up again. Thanks for the reminder.