2008-04-14

Pretty, Pretty

So, I've been futzing with layouts on various sites. And I've decided that this is really the way I want just about everything to look. I love the colors, love the fonts, love the simplicity.

The tan and blue combination is very attractive to me. I tried going primarily blue, but that's just overwhelming. With tan as the primary, the focus actually ends up being more on the blue. I kept black and white for readability of key portions. The limited number of colors keeps things simple, which I find attractive in and of itself.

The primary font I'm using is "Comic Sans," one that I believe comes default on Microsoft systems. (It should revert to Arial if you don't have Comic Sans.) Comic Sans is a fairly neat print font. The page title font, you'll probably see as Comic Sans as well. That's not the way I'd prefer it, but most people don't have the "ShelleyVolante" font (my first choice) on their computer. Shelley Volante is a gorgeous script font with very fine lines. I think of it as very beautiful, neat cursive writing. Both ShelleyVolante and Comic Sans seem somewhat like handwriting to me, and therefore seem a bit more personal than most other fonts I've come across.

If you're interested in trying to get Shelley Volante (or my slight modification of it, Shelley Evenstar), please send me a note and I'll see what I can do.

No comments: